What to do when you no longer love your work
Burnout is a common, yet serious, mental health issue that plagues the dev industry. Devs often feel stuck working long hard hours with little reward or reprieve.
It can manifest as mental or physical stress. and can be debilitating if not dealt with.
- Lack of motivation or passion for your work.
- Lack of feelings of accomplishment.
- feeling ineffective
- Cynicism, self-doubt, constant ‘Imposter Syndrome’.
- Constantly tired
- Heavy mood swings
- Lasting Depression and Anxiety
- Feeling detached from friends and family
- No enjoyment from hobbies outside of work